Top Menu

5 REASONS WHY I MEDITATE

By Kate Lalic

Posted in ,

As a future bride, I have to focus my energy on my wedding plans, my life goals and my relationship. Make sure you take care of yourself before you take care of others, my fiancé tells me. He is right and that’s why I started a healthy routine; meditation, exercice and eating right. 2017 is an important year and I need to be prepared mentally, physically and emotionally. Best way to achieve your goals; staying focus with meditation.

  1. Deep Breathing is important for your health

Everybody breathes without thinking about it or paying attention. To meditate, you need to concentrate on your breathing. Listen to your body and breathe deeply; breathe for 3 seconds, keep it in your lungs for 3 seconds and exhale for 3 more. Repeat till your mind is clear and your breathing is your main focus.

 

  1. Meditation calms you and makes you grounded.

As a busy bee, I need to sit down and calm down once in a while. In a day, you have a million thoughts going though your mind. Your soul & mind needs some time off every day to regenerate. You will be more present after your meditation session and less caught up in life. Tip: smile at strangers, hold doors, make a good action a day. Karma does exist. Surround yourself with people that elevate you, who want you to succeed. Lead the way. Let go of negativity. Make new friends. Remember, everything happens for a reason.

 

  1. Get inspired.

Humans use only 1% of their brain. The remaining 99% of our intelligence resides in our subconscious mind. Through daily practice, you will strengthen your connection with your subconscious mind. You will find inspiration, trust your ideas and start chasing your dreams. You go girl ! Tip: make a vision board in your room or at your office. Dream big and if you don’t land on the moon, you will land somewhere in the stars!

 

  1. Insomnia

Meditation helps to reduce insomnia and clear your mind before going to bed. Insomnia can happen when you are dealing with a lot of stress, anxiety or depression. 20 minutes before going to bed, beging your Alpha State meditation, make yourself a tea and bring a book in bed. You won’t have to count the sheeps! Tip: Spray your sheets and pillow case with Maison Lavande Linen water. Researchers found that lavender increased slow-wave sleep, the very deep slumber in which the heartbeat slows and muscles relax. During this phase, the brain is thought to organize memory, as well. (www.prevention.com)

 

  1. Spiritual connection

Connect with yourself, love yourself. The more you love yourself, the more you can give back to the ones you love and it will create he circle of life, love and relations. Create harmony between your mind, body and soul. You are your best friend, work on yourself inside-out; take care of your body by exercising, eating healthy, taking time to go to the spa, read good books, surround yourself by positive people. Don’t forget, as Jim Rohn says, we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with. Choose your friends and compagnon wisely. Spiritual connection can also increase; communication and intimacy. Tip: Communication helps a lot! After you meditate, your mind is clear, you are calmer and your communication will be more effective. — Express your thoughts in writing afterwards if you like to keep a journal or send a letter to your love.

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.

– Aldous Huxley


Share this story

About The Kate Lalic

EIC of the Kate Lalic Blog and Brands. Passionate about traveling, fashion and posh lifestyle. The writer of the upcoming book Kate Lalic Tales.

btt